Thursday, February 10, 2011

Artist Statement

I am hoping to work in the film industry as a screenwriter since I love the idea of writing stories for film and TV. I believe that it would be a fascinating experience to see how the writing process for moviemaking and TV would be like, since it is a huge passion for me. I have considered the possibility of pursuing cinematography, since imagery and scenery is part of the essence of filmmaking, since it captures another world with its beautiful scenery and having the audience feel as though they are a part of that world. What I am hoping to accomplish with my work, is that it sends a message of how films can inspire people and what the message was behind the piece.
Science Fiction has been a rather fascinating genre for me to explore, since one of my favorite shows, Star Trek taught that the unknown is something that should be embraced, not feared. It shows what possibilities may lay ahead if humanity was to become more unified. It also shows that the human potential is endless when wanting to help out the greater good. A film director that I felt inspired me was Martin Scorsese since his films tended to explore the grittiness and dark side of human life but also brings a sense of realism to them, in films such as the Departed and the Goodfellas which happen to be some of my favorite works of his. James Cameron is another filmmaker that I am intrigued by, since his films like Titanic, Aliens, and Terminator are character detailed and tend to have futuristic themes to them. The character Rocky Balboa from the Rocky series shows that no matter where you came from, that you can always make something of yourself and be a true inspiration to those around you, which also leads to a great amount of respect and admiration from others. Lara Croft happens to be a favorite game icon for me, since I love her strength and independence, but sense of adventure to explore new places and where it may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment